Lowest Profile Implant Covering Solutions
Aran Biomedical has developed proprietary techniques for applying sutureless fabric covers onto structural heart frames. Removing the need for sutures to attach fabric onto a frame, can help to reduce profile, while dramatically improving labour time and resource requirements.
Custom Manufacturing of Implantable Fabrics
- Significant expertise with regard to implantable fabrics, from yarn preparation to post-processing of textiles.
- Textiles can be braided, knitted and woven, depending on the indication.
- Extremely low profile textiles, ideal for structural heart indications
- Proprietary fabric-to-frame technology
High Precision Coating Capabilities
- Elastomeric membranes can be applied to laser cut or wire formed frames with thicknesses from as little as 5µm (0.0002”)
- These ultra low profile coatings can be applied to the most complex implant geometries, from laser cut & braided frames, to shape formed medical fabrics
- Post-processing techniques can help to improve the form and function of implantable fabrics.
- Fabrics are heat set to control characteristics such as pore size and compliance, offering isotropic stretch or, in tubular form, controlled radial and elongation properties.