VITAMESH™ MACROPOROUS PP SURGICAL MESH
VitaMESH™ Macroporous PP Surgical Mesh is an implant suitable for different types of fascial defects. VitaMESH™ provides the favourable ingrowth and healed strength characteristics of a large pore monofilament polypropylene mesh with optimised handling and biocompatibility attributes in one high performance implant of condensed polypropylene (cPP).
- Transparent open pore structure facilitating fast incorporation and visualization of underlying tissue structures¹
- Up to 80% reduction in thickness and a low coefficient of friction over predicate devices improving ease of use and trocar deployment4
- Macroporous open pore structure promoting rapid healing and dense collagen formation¹
- Thin wall structure with less material for reducing scar tissue build up and minimizing patient discomfort5
- Uniformly strong and durable cPP material maintains consistent levels of strength while avoiding the problems associated with composite meshes¹,³,4
- Surface area and void area reduction for improving healing and biocompatibility²
- Bench testing at Aran Biomedical Limited – data on file.
- Klinge, U. et al., “Foreign body reaction to meshes used for the repair of abdominal wall hernias,” Eur J Surg (1999); 165: 665-673.
- Schedbach, H. et al., “In vivo studies comparing the biocompatibility of various polypropylene meshes and their handling properties, during endoscopic total extraperitoneal (TEP) patchplasty,” Surg Endosc (2004) 18: 211 – 220.
- Deeken et al., “Mechanical properties of the abdominal wall and biomaterials utilized for hernia repair”, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials (2017), 74: 411-427.
- Est et al., “Multi-directional mechanical analysis of synthetic scaffolds for hernia repair”, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials (2017), 71: 43-53.